ACLU-PA Position: Supports
HB 2449 would require the following legislative expenses to be publicly posted online on a quarterly basis:
- Per diems for each member of the Senate and House of Representatives.
- Travel allowances and reimbursements.
- Meals and lodging.
- Equipment and furnishing control and inventory.
- District office expenses.
- Capitol office expenses.
- Official expenses.
- Special expenses.
- Miscellaneous expenses of standing and special committees.
Making these expenses publicly accessible would provide increased transparency and greater accountability for how elected officials and other legislative entities spend public funds.