ACLU-PA Position: Supports
HB 2449 would require the following legislative expenses to be publicly posted online on a quarterly basis:
- Per diems for each member of the Senate and House of Representatives.
- Travel allowances and reimbursements.
- Meals and lodging.
- Equipment and furnishing control and inventory.
- District office expenses.
- Capitol office expenses.
- Official expenses.
- Special expenses.
- Miscellaneous expenses of standing and special committees.
Making these expenses publicly accessible would provide increased transparency and greater accountability for how elected officials and other legislative entities spend public funds.
Check the bill's status here.