The ACLU of Pennsylvania’s lobbying training offers a deeper dive into how to actively lobby as a constituent. We will discuss how the General Assembly operates and when lobbying can be the most effective. This training session is for ally organizations and coalition partners and their members to gain usable skills and glimpse behind the curtain of the ACLU-PA’s legislative work.
In this training, we will:
- Learn the basic composition of the PA General Assembly.
- Gain new strategies and techniques for contacting legislators.
- Understand how a bill becomes a law in Pennsylvania.
- Identify when in the legislative process constituent voices can be the most effective.
- Marianne Stein, ACLU-PA Legislative Associate.
- Rebecca Cusumano-Seidel, ACLU-PA Policy and Engagement Advocate.